Members have complete access to all facilities and instruments
to which they have been qualified to use safely.
- 0.76-m (30-inch) f/6 Newtonian reflector - Photo right courtesy Steven Tsz K Chan
- 15-cm (6-inch) f/15 Refractor - Guide Scope
- 0.3-m (12-inch) f/11 Classical Cassegrain
- Apogee AP8p back-illuminated CCD camera, 1024x1024, 24μ pixels,
1.09 arc-second/pixel, 18.6 arc-minute field of view. Also an Optec IFW filter system w/ BVRI photometric filters. Click on image below to see the dedication plaque to Dr. Eleanor F. Helin (1932-2009) for her generous contribution of this equipment to Stony Ridge Observatory .
- SBIG STV CCD camera system used for auto-guiding and lunar/planetary
imaging. This equipment was donated to Stony Ridge Observatory by World Space Foundation.
- SBIG ST-4 and ST-6 CCD Cameras
- All Computer Systems on 100Mb/sec LAN. Two of these computer systems were donated to SRO by World Space Foundation.
- Various video-eyepiece camera systems.
- 3.5-inch gold-plated reflection grating, +900 groves/mm - can
be used to construct a decent high resolution spectrograph for
the 30-inch. Good future project for the right person(s).