Updated: March 18, 2012
Comet Kahoutek taken by Sara Martin and Brenda Noah using the Carroll 30-inch telescope, January 1974.
Last Quarter Moon photographed by Mike Madsen at Stony Ridge through a 6-inch apochromatic refractor telescope.
Gallery 2 - Even more images
Historical Images of the early Stony Ridge Observatory
- The buildings
- Stony Ridge Observatory
- A Cooperative Effort A documentary video of the building of Stony
- Mirror grinding tool
- The early 30-inch telescope and drive system
- Removing the 30-inch mirror for realuminizing
Vistas - in and around the Stony Ridge Observatory. More
vistas around Stony Ridge Observatory
The Infamos "Station Fire"
- Gallery 1
- Comparison photos, before/after the fire.
- Gallery 2
- 1st on-site post-fire pictures by John Rogers, Dave Hadlen and
Charlie Ascher on Sep 17, 2009.
- Gallery 3
- Gallery 4
- On-site images taken by Kay Meyer and Sara Martin on Nov 30, 2009.
- Gallery 5
- Gallery 6
- Gallery 7
- Oct 9, 2010, Burned power poles/lines are replaced by helicopter;
dead and dying trees are removed from site.
Images of the Telescope and Other Instruments: