While all of these gentlemen were involved with all aspects of the actual construction of Stony Ridge Observatory, the notes below identify their areas of responsibility in the overall project.
(1) Dr. W. H. Griffith - Produced the 16mm
documentary film Stony
Ridge Observatory - A Cooperative Effort.
(2) Norman L. Bolz - Did the machining of
the telescope mount parts, including the fork assembly and the
tapered Right Ascension (RA) axis at John Terlep's (10) machine shop.
(3) Geroge A. Carroll- Founder of the Association of Amateur Astronomers in 1947 and designer of the 30-inch telescope and others.
(4) Roy K. Ensign - Lead optician in producing
the 30-inch (0.76-m) SRO mirror, built the mirror grinding machine, ground, polished and figured the 30-inch mirror,
observer for Lunar Mapping Project.
(5) Harold J. Ireland - with George Moyen
(8) designed the electrical system for the observatory.
(6) Ernest 'Easy' Sloman - Procured the 30-inch
mirror blank and assisted Roy Ensign (4) in its grinding
and polishing stages. An observer for the Lunar
(7) Norris A. Roberts - Designed all the
buildings at SRO, observer for the Lunar
(8) J. George Moyen - with Harold Ireland
(5) designed the electrical system for the observatory.
(9) John Sousa - Participated in all construction
phases, an observer with the Lunar